These cute little felt party bags are easy to make. You can make two bags from one 12 inch square of felt. Felt is great for sewing projects like this as it doesn’t fray and comes in loads of different colours. Only basic sewing skills are required to make these felt bags – if you can sew in a straight line and sew on a button then you can make these bags! Each party bag is approximately four inches wide and five inches high and is just the right size to hold a few treats and maybe a small toy. I finished my bags with these personalised Butterfly party favour tags from the Paperspice shop.
To make two party bags you will need:-
One 12 inch felt square
Eight buttons (0.75 inches diameter)
Coordinating sewing thread
Fabric scissors or rotary cutter
Pinking shears (optional)
Sewing machine (optional)
1. Cut the felt square in half.
2. Take one half and cut a 1 inch strip from the long side and then cut the strip in half to make two handles.
3. Fold the remaining 5 x 12 inch piece of felt in half, with short sides together, and then stitch both side seams using a 0.5 inch seam allowance. Either sew with a sewing machine or by hand using a neat back stitch.
4. Trim the seam allowance to 0.125 inches and for a decorative finish trim the top of the bag using pinking shears.
5. To make the bag stand up sew a straight line across each corner approximately 0.75 inches from the corner point. Turn the bag right side out.
6. Attach the handles to the top of the bag and finish with the buttons.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 to make another bag.
All that is left to do now is attach a cute favour tag to each bag and fill with party treats!
These free, fun, printable bookmarks will encourage kids to keep up with their reading during the Summer holidays. Just click on the link below to download the PDF file, print on photo paper or on lightweight cardstock and trim to size. Each bookmark has a space for kids to write their name and can also be decorated by punching a hole in the top and adding coloured ribbon or twine. No need to worry if the bookmarks get lost or damaged as the file can be printed time and time again. Have fun this summer with this free printable, but please remember that the file is for personal use only.
Summer Bookmark Printable PDF file
It’s that spooky time of year again! I have just designed this free printable Halloween candy bar wrapper for readers of the Paperspice blog. This bold design will appeal to both kids and adults and it can be used to decorate candy for trick or treaters, for Halloween party favors or Halloween gifts for classmates or coworkers. The wrapper is 5.5×5.5 inches and is designed to fit a standard size Hershey bar, but with a bit of trimming will probably fit lots of other candy or chocolate bars as well. Just click on the link below to download the free PDF printable file.
Halloween Candy Bar Printable PDF file
Don’t forget Father’s Day on June 21st! These printable circles with a preppy blue and green plaid design are another freebie from Paperspice. Just download the free PDF file by clicking on the link below. Print the file on bright white, lightweight cardstock, trim and then punch out the centre of each square with a 2 inch circle craft punch. You can then use the circles to make cupcake toppers, gift tags, napkin rings, greetings cards and anything else that you can think of!
Father’s Day Printable PDF file